Preserve clean air and clean water
To do our part for the environment, Xerox is working over the long-term to eliminate the use of persistent, bioaccumulative and toxic materials throughout the supply chain. We apply strict internal standards in clean manufacturing and have reengineered or substituted processes to dramatically reduce the use of toxics and heavy metals. Our products are safe to use and can be disposed of responsibly to preserve our clean air and clean water.
Eliminating toxic materials from the supply chain
Controlling chemical use in Xerox operations and through product design
- Our suppliers must meet Xerox's strict standards to control the chemical content of our products. Xerox is a member of the Electronic Industry Citizenship Coalition (EICC) which has developed a standards-based approach for monitoring suppliers' compliance across several areas of social responsibility, including labour, health, safety and environmental activity.
- Learn more about how we are working to eliminate toxic materials from our supply chain on the Governing Chemical Use page.
- Xerox manufacturing operations have reduced emissions of particulate and toxics in the air by 94% since 1991. Learn more about how we manage our environmental performance.
- We design our products to strictly control emissions of chemicals and noise during equipment use. Our current products have chemical emission levels that are well below global regulatory requirements. Learn more about the safety of Xerox products (PDF).
- Xerox toners are non-toxic and do not generate hazardous waste. Learn more about Xerox toner (PDF).