The BB3202 Perfect Binder is C.P. Bourg's next-generation, fully automated, in-line perfect binder. It uniquely produces books without the intervention of an operator. The BB3202 can use PUR (Polyurethane Reactive) adhesive or EVA (Ethylene Vinyl Acetate) adhesive to produce state-of-the-art, on-demand books. The binder is capable of automatically adapting to the thickness of each job, up to a maximum thickness of 60 mm (2.36 in). This flexible, single clamp perfect binder includes a touchscreen interface for easy operation and adjustments.
The BB3202 consists of the following modules:
The BB3202 consists of the following modules:
- C.P. Bourg Book Compiler (BBC), which compiles sheets or single fold signatures coming from the printer and transfers the stack into the BB3002 perfect Binder
- C.P. Bourg BB3002 Perfect Binder – the output of the binder can be routed to either an optional receiving conveyor or an in-line post processing device
- Fast in-line and fully automatic high-quality book production without operator intervention
- Supports cover sheets of 80-300 gsm, coated or uncoated, and inner sheets of 60 to 200 gsm coated or uncoated
- Automatically adapts all features to the thickness of each job and processes each book most productively – no pre-measurements required. Book thickness is automatically recorded during the loading process
- Highest quality of creasing with up to 13 positive or negative creases. The BB3002 utilizes a knife-creasing technology which offers greater flexibility and superior results compared to competing wheel scoring binders
- Power milling wheel with notching for EVA / defibering tool for PUR applications ensures deep glue penetration for maximum cover adhesion
- Ability to create winged book jackets
- Can be operated as an off-line BB3002 perfect binder for immediate production needs without interrupting in-line job setups or to accommodate book blocks produced from other workflows
- Optional barcode system incorporates both book content and cover sensors to ensure accurate cover-to-content matching, job integrity, and automatic communication with CMT trimmers
- Optional Dual Mode Bourg Sheet Feeder (BSF) provides all the benefits of in-line convenience and off-line flexibility
- Optional Bourg Perforate Rotate Fold (BPRF) module micro-perforates, rotates and folds sheets inline
- Optional Challenge CMT-330C Trimmer provides three-sided trimming inline or CMT 130 trimmer provides a lower-cost three-sided trim function
Shorter turnaround times, smaller job runs and tightening budgets are forcing even the best print shops to do more with less equipment, floor space and staff. Meanwhile, there's no shortage of customer demand for quality finished products.
- Manually intensive workflows or equipment require multiple touch points to produce the desired output or make changes to job set ups
- Time consuming processes prevent shops from maximizing efficiency and bringing in more business
- Bind quality does not meet shop or customer requirements for strength or durability
The BB3202 can help commercial printers, publishing houses providing print on demand, online bookshops and in-plant print shops with their book, manual, catalog or photo book needs. Books can be printed on demand and runs of one can be easily processed, making it possible, for example, to print photo books for different customers one after the other. The Bourg BB3202 is ideal for longer runs as well.
- Fully automated in-line binder, no human intervention
- Boosts productivity by automatically adapting to thickness enabling processing of jobs of varying lengths
- User-friendly Graphical User Interface (GUI) allows all functions to be controlled via a 12" color touch screen
- Reduced setup time allows for a peak speed of 300 cycles per hour
- Superior milling and de-fibering ensures deep glue penetration for maximum cover adhesion
Why Choose Xerox?C.P. Bourg and Xerox have a significant partnership. Our solutions are integrated to provide value to the market with advances and efficiencies for perfect binding.
Xerox award-winning digital presses can be enhanced with feeding and finishing equipment. Functionality may vary by product model. Contact your local sales representative for detailed compatibility information.
Among over 185 products, the Xerox iGen 150 with Automated In-Line C.P. Bourg BSF + BPRF + BB3202 PUR-C + CMT-330C Perfect Binder Solution won the 3rd annual Quick Printing Readers’ Choice Top Product "Output Devices - Color Digital" category award organized by the magazine MyPRINTResource.